Starting your own business is a very exciting, scary¬†and rewarding adventure – all at the same time. ¬†I have started, managed and assisted many clients through different steps of their company’s life cycles. Make sure you do have (at the minimun) a good and experienced lawyer,¬†and accoutant in your team to guide you through the processes.
Below are summaries of the steps that you should be considering:
- Business plan?¬† Funding?
- Company name? ¬†Web name?
- Corp entity? S or C Corporation, LLC, Partnership, Sole Proprietorship, Non Profit?
- Fed Tax¬†ID registration (a.k.a. Fed or IRS EIN)?
- State registration?
- County registration and¬†Publication? Reseller License?
- City registration and License?
- Leasing agreements?
- Insurances (liability / work comp / Health / Medical / …..)?
- Bank, Merchant account¬†and payroll (do you have a good accountant already)?
- Advertising and Marketing?
- Hiring policies? Background or Creditability checks? Employment policies?
US Small Business Administration – SBA (a lot of good info)